Monday, September 23, 2013

Nanowrimo starts in a little over a month!

Time to get my butt in gear! I have 6 weeks to finish my "New In Town" April novel. And you may think, April? Yeah. I hit my 100 pages pretty good but there was a lull. I got caught up moving, dealing with an ailing pet, new apartment life and so on. Then, reading a couple of books in the Mortal Instruments series and my muse took a different turn. Now that Sons of Anarchy is back, my muse is back-ish. No, it's not a fanfiction in any fashion. I just have two characters that my go-to. But I'm planning my 2013 Nano! I have a handful of ideas and a couple of characters. But I'm trying to give my muses fair and equal play time. We shall see...in November...


But I was rereading my April novel, and my main couple (Alex and Dakota) are not my favorite love story. That is reserved for Rex+Jodi. I have a soft spot for them because I started writing them when I was in high school (as were they). They moved onto college (so did I) and have a Romeo & Juliet or West Side Story aspect. But Joey & Olivia are a favorite as are Zeke and Marley. Zeke and Marley is probably the most heartbreaking and was the most raw and emotional to write. It was kind of the novel I wrote when I finally allowed myself to come to terms with the death of my mom. I poured everything into that novel. But Olivia and Joey stayed in the same secret & tortured soul vein. Olivia's world is complex with secrets and triangles, back stories and hidden relationships. But as much as I love writing Joey, the big reveal is not as powerful...not that I have written that big reveal yet. Someday...I promise, you'll understand what the hell I'm talking about. I just have to convince myself to get published.

No comments:

Post a Comment