Sunday, September 9, 2012

Just One Hour Of Writing Devotion

Today my roommate made me sit down and actually sit for an hour at my computer--no phone, no internet, no TV. One hour to write.

I thought I would sit and stare at that blinking line. Or I would find something to entertain my thoughts. Like, picking up the book on the edge of my bed and read the next chapter. Or sliding to the floor and playing with the sleeping puppies. Or decide that my pick-up job of my room should have become a reorganization and cleaning. But instead, I knocked out 2 1/2 pages of a new story or at least a new concept of a story. Not too shabby of the first three pages of a new story if I do say so myself. So, it's a start. Let's just pray that I keep it up! Blame it on the boyfriend or my serious grown up job or that I'm bummed out completely that my social circle ringleader just moved six hours away. Either way, you have to keep writing.

Always keep writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment